Wednesday 19 March 2008

The Tales of Beedle the Bard


This book is not available in any store, nor have I actually read it. I have, however, read the extensively detailed review of the book on amazon.com. I was completely delighted by the five stories it contains, and I think that they merit frequent retelling to my children (presuming I ever have any who will sit still long enough to listen). In other words, these tales are as compelling and relevant as any the Grimm brothers ever penned - probably more so. I do not hesitate to recommend that muggles and magical folk alike commit the stories to memory and pass them along to future generations.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i looked this over when it was up for auction, and amazon had it featured on the home page, in january i think? they had a lot of close up photos - how wonderful. i loved the stories too, but particularly, i loved how she hand wrote them and included little illustrations throughout. such details made it seem even more magical.